Tuesday, August 2, 2011

K1 Process Flowchart

K1 Process Flowchart

If you are thinking of pursuing a k1 visa or any other visa that is more involved, please consider using visa journey's web site. It is very comprehensive and you can email other people who have gone through the process. There are step by step checklists and up to date forms right there. It is well worth your time, trust me.

So we are at the very beginning stages. What we did:

We kept our airplane tickets, train tickets, museum receipts, dinner receipts, gift receipts, mail receipts, took lots of pics together, took pics of us with our family-in-laws-to-be, letters, emails, skype and yahoo messages and calls, etc. to document our on-going relationship.

It cost me about 40$ to copy everything, 30$ to mail it off to USCIS and a copy to John.

It's hard to say exactly what someone should send (especially since I don't know if we got it right yet). It depends on your relationship details. I just tried to copy anything I would show a good friend - his cards to me, poems he wrote me, etc.

I believe the forms we used were I-129F, G325A, letter of intent, statement that I didn't alter anything... I forget what else. Check Visa Journey they have it all. It is a little difficult to navigate but put forth the effort, you will be rewarded.

My petition package was about 4 inches thick. I sent $340 check made out to Department of Homeland Security (all spelled out). I sent it priority, certified with a return signature. My check was cashed 7/21/11 and a couple of days later I got notice of the signature on the 18th. I am still waiting for the first notice of action (NOA1). This is an important notice as it can help you guage when to expect to hear something from immigration. If I understand it correctly: everyone sends their petition to the Dallas Lockbox to begin with. Based on timelines for the various locations, the petition then gets forwarded to one of the other service centers. It appears that only 3 nationwide process I129f's: California, Dallas, and Vermont. I do not know about the other forms.


3 comments:

  1. Get your k1 visa. Automated Visa Preparation System without the high legal fees. Approved by Immigration Lawyers.This will allow you to start the process of obtaining their Green Card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extraordinary blogs! Continue your awesomeness, you really up to me! If ever you have someone who needs this awesome K1 Process, it would be really nice to share this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everything that you said is well and quite interesting! I was trying to know more about
    K1 fiancee petition because it seems like I need lots of information that will help me to understand it more.

    ReplyDelete