Thursday, August 4, 2011

Desperately Seeking NOA1

So I read on USCIS' website that people were complaining of not receiving their NOA1 notification via email and text.  So I emailed to ask if I was one of those (they asked for examples).  Anyway, I got a weird response to the effect of "We are concerned that there is language out there that makes people think we are having issues in this area.  There is only one site affiliated with us..."  Anyway, I just responded with the portion of what I read and the link to the USCIS website. 

link: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=fa351202bbce9210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=d9a59a485510e210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

"There was a stakeholder concern that applicants who submitted the G-1145 to receive a text or email when their application had been accepted by USCIS are not receiving the notification. Stakeholders were asked to email an example of this to lockboxsupport@dhs.gov." 

I am sure I misunderstood it.  But anyone else out there in internetland experiencing NOA1 anxiety? 

My bid concern is that I use a post office box and for some reason that seems to boggle many government agencies.  I mean really are post office boxes that uncommon?  They are more secure for personal info being sent through the mail (and money). 

I just hope USCIS, DHS, and all others involved realize how hard of a process this is.  We are obeying the rules.  He left when he said he would and is not planning on coming back until they say he can.  It just sucks that people who are truly in love have to go through this because so many exploit the process for their own benefit.  At least at the end of this, I have a man finally worth everything and makes me have hope for a great relationship. 

I ordered my transcripts for the I-134 documentation.  http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=110571,00.html

Super easy and free.  This is required for this as just plain old copies are not sufficient.  Also works for buying a home, etc. 

20 days since I filed.

Current avg for others in our situation between filing and notice is 6 days. 
Avg wait time NOA1 to NOA2 for CSC is 77 days which is where ours most likely will be sent.
CSC is currently processing cases filed 5/18/11. 

A friend I met on VJ filed the same date as we did and they got their NOA1 with an anticipated NOA2 date of end of November to end of December.  UGH!!!  It takes a month or more after the NOA2 date for him to get here.  Everyday without him is a day without him.  I wish he was a USC this would be easy then. 

:(

No comments:

Post a Comment